Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Keep up those BPM's!

It's good to keep your heart rate up at a steady rate during any workout. Sometimes, you can actually feel it's pulsations when doing something super strenuous. I think it's better to keep it at a controlled steady rate, whether you do an elliptical for 30 minutes, then change to free weights, it's better too keep it steady than over fluctuation. Hey, maybe that's your style I don't know, but from what I've seen and experienced, the more steady with less fluctuation, the slower it is for you to tire out. Psychology definitely plays a big role this regard as well. When your body tells your brain I got super tired from that 30 second sprint, then you say to yourself "well now  I'm too tired to do a lot more or my usual amount of exercise".

Here we have household name Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao demonstrating a good rhythm and pace in this snippet of one of his workouts. Now, keep in mind that he's the number one boxer in the world, but to him this is a controlled steady paced session. He just happens to be a freak of nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment